Monday, November 23, 2009

What are you Thankful for?

Remember this little arrangement of twigs... Well, I've been seeing a bunch of little Thankful trees on other blogs and decided to convert this for Thanksgiving!



First I emptied the Candy Corn


I was really wanting to use acorns, but the squirrels beat me to them, so I used almonds since that is what I had a lot of!


I had bought a couple bags of these from Target
from their dollar bins a few months ago- not
really sure what I would need them for...
Now I'm glad I grabbed them!


I had Chloe help me punch holes in the leaves... She loved doing this so some leaves have quite a few holes in them!! Then we wrote with a Sharpie what we are thankful for!!


It makes me smile whenever I see it... and reminds me of all we have to be so very thankful for!



So... What are you thankful for this year?

4 comments:

  1. You are getting kinda crafty Shana! Very neat idea! See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your idea...and so cute too and a great reminder of what we do have to be thankful for. Today where we go to Sunday a.m. meeting we went there for Thanksgiving dinner and there were little quotes and sayings and thoughts to think about all around the table. No one had to say anything, you could just glance at them, read them and go to the next one. Kind of a neat idea. Hope your Turkey day was special. We really do have lots to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm certainly thankful for you Shana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly love this idea, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete