Friday, November 20, 2009

A Festive Fall Chandelier!

Oh how I wish I had a chandelier... but alas I don't! Not even a little tiny one. Lucky for me my sister-in-law told me about something she had seen on Marthastewart.com.

I decided to give it a try and have been loving my little lights ever since!

If you have some of this you are good to go... If not, Jo-Ann's has some for really cheap right now... I got mine for $4.00 and that was a few weeks ago... In fact they are probably out of fall stuff and only have Christmas stuff-crazy stores!!


Then I got a box of these from Walmart for $5.00


and I had one of these lying around... I had actually just got it at a garage sale for 25 cents a few weeks earlier!


Hot glue it all together and ta-dah!! A festive fall chandelier!!



The only thing that was a minor pain was cutting the holes in the pumpkins so the tea light candles would fit inside... but even that wasn't very hard... I just traced around on the pumpkin and then using a sharp knife started cutting away at the foam pumpkins!!

By the way I use the battery powered tea lights! No fire hazards that way!
Oh yeah, and I hung it using some twine I had gotten at Target in the dollar bins... That stuff is so handy I'm planning on picking up a ton more the next time I see some!


I'm so in love with it, I'm planning on making a new one for Christmas and any other holiday I can figure out a way to make one... Hey-if I can't have a real chandelier at least I can keep making them!! :)





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I probably already have all the stuff (SOMEWHERE) so I could make one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool Shana! You are becoming Martha your own self! Baking, cooking club, and now chandeliers! What next?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool...I love martha's website...such crafty ideas! That is a fun idea to change it up for the different seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shana, you are so brillant! this is soooo adorable! make me one=) lol. can't wait to see future versions.

    ReplyDelete