Sunday, November 08, 2009

Setting up for the Party/ Halloween Decor

I love Halloween and had fun setting up for the Halloween party we had at our house! These pictures are mostly for Mom, since I kept trying to describe what I had done- a picture is worth a thousand words, so this will cut down on the amount of words needed to try and explain it all to her! As I look at the pictures I can see that I sort of combined my fall decorations with Halloween, and I think next year I'm gonna try and keep them a little more separate! Halloween stuff first, then the fall decorations for Thanksgiving!



This is was in the entryway


Our front door


Setting up for the party is tricky with this little guy around!


Here's Brynna working on her Pumpkin cake!


The cobwebs on the back patio! We had orange lights too.


I used lots of candy corn this year! I can't even remember how many times I had to keep refilling this little arrangement...


The fireplace... Our house was overrun with crows! I loved them, so they were everywhere!


A close-up of my manzanita brush... I got rid of the leaves and spray painted it black for more of a Halloweeny (is that even a word?) effect!



5 comments:

  1. I love your decor! Especially the candy corn arrangement. Very crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...looks like you had a great time decorating...it was (is so cute)...I know what you mean about keeping your Halloween and Fallish/thanksgiving stuff separate! You must of had a great party...love all the visuals, and your creative ideas...the cool black crows too! What neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to everything Pam said...very nice, very nice...after you told me about the crows I had to go to the Dollar Store...but alas, it was after Halloween so there weren't any left! I'll have to remember that for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally second aunt martine- i want black crows next year!!! what a fancy little decorater you are shana- i'm loving it all!!! so glad you shared=-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the decorations especially the entryway and spiderwebs on the patio!

    ReplyDelete