Friday, October 06, 2006

Been a while...

Chloe decides to sleep after meeting!
Family picture!


I am constantly amazed at how fast time seems to be moving these days! It's already October, and we're already halfway through the first week! How does that happen? Well, Mom came and went already and I keep waiting for her to send me the pictures from that weekend because I stupidly didn't take any pictures on my camera. Well, I took a few, which I will be putting on here but Mom has a lot more. While she was here we finally took a family picture. For some reason the only other family picture we had taken was when we were leaving the hospital, and let me tell you, I am looking haggard !!! Not exactly something to put on the wall!

Anyway, back to the weekend Mom was here... There is something so nice about family, and especially my mom, coming for a vist! For one thing she is so excited to see Chloe and wants to hold her and take care of her as much as she can, so I get a little break! And for some reason I don't feel guilty letting her take over for a while. That, and the fact that she always makes cooking look so easy! I can't wait for the day when making dinner is something I can just whip up, no problem-o! The other thing that made Mom's visit so much fun was that we went shopping! She is one person I enjoy shopping with! I'm finding that a lot of the time I like shopping by myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a shopping trip with "the girls" as much as the next gal, but when I go shopping with other people, I usually end up just looking at a bunch of stuff. I think the difference is that when I shop with my Mom I know she won't mind waiting for me to try on a bunch of dresses or shoes or whatever so the shopping trips are much more productive. It's also just plain fun to spend time with my Mom since I don't get to do that all the time.

9 comments:

  1. Not to mention your mom is just way cool! Hi Grammy Z!
    Great pictures. She's getting so big and cuter all the time. And you look awesome! Oh yeah, Joe too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great whole family photo... seems hard to get those these days--always so much going on. Don't you love moms??? Nothing quite like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of family pictures...I think our last one was like 2 months ago...hmmm must fix that. You guys look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanna ~
    You Joe and Cloe are just so beautiful... She is so cute ... xoxo Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how sweet...you know me...I love to shop...so, it's fun and having Chloe along makes it really fun cuz I get to show off my sweet little granddaughter!!! I think Brynna finally got the pictures uploaded to the computer but we just got back from hunting in time to take a quick shower and be almost late for mtg....I'll make sure tomorrow...I promise!!! An aside to Amy (your boys are adorable or maybe I shouldn't say that since they are boys!!! But they are. And it looks like you are continuing the Williams tradition of having boys!!!) Can't wait for you and Chloe to come up while Rob and Joe are hunting...Will call you tomorrow, I have to rest this ole body...the Steens will do that to you...love, mammazee/Martineirene:):):)I guess I'm going to have to be "Anonymous" cuz I can't remember my name...duh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shana~Could you please make a CD of all your pictures and bring it when you come up on Friday!! I want to take them to Costco and get them printed since they turn out much better than our printer. I'm writing this on your "blog" so that you will remember, instead of calling you...Oh, did I say "Hi" to you Amy...I think so...but if I didn't, "Hi"!!luvluvluv(grand)mommazee:)Well, this is ridiculous!!! My password won't work and I have the same one for EVERYTHING!!! So, I'm anonymous, AGAIN!!! ;(;(;(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shana~Could you please make a CD of all your pictures and bring it when you come up on Friday!! I want to take them to Costco and get them printed since they turn out much better than our printer. I'm writing this on your "blog" so that you will remember, instead of calling you...Oh, did I say "Hi" to you Amy...I think so...but if I didn't, "Hi"!!luvluvluv(grand)mommazee:)Well, this is ridiculous!!! My password won't work and I have the same one for EVERYTHING!!! So, I'm anonymous, AGAIN!!! ;(;(;( P. S. I hope I'm not a "dip-doodle" and posted this twice!!!

    ReplyDelete