Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Garage Sale & Lemonade Stand

A few weeks ago we had a combined garage sale with Juan and Cari, so between us we had quite a bit of junk to get rid of!! The day of the sale started off a little cool and overcast, but it burnt off by the afternoon and it was actually a great day to be outside!

The early morning crew!

Sage was watching all the action from the living room windows! This is often how we find him when we come home... I'm never quite sure how he knows to be there when we come home (since I don't think he waits there all day long!) but he usually is!!

I made a lemonade stand for the kids using their Ikea table and some wooden poles.  Chloe painted the sign and was sooo excited to sell lemonade to all the customers!!

They even got into our little local paper here (it helps that our neighbor works for the paper!) !

They definitely drank more than they sold, but they had fun doing it!! Chloe is quite the saleswoman and had no problem going up to the garage salers and asking them if they wanted any lemonade or iced tea!!   One man said the irony of his situation was funny- he had to pee, wasn't thirsty, and didn't like lemonade, but he bought some from Chloe anyway!!



2 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I was at a thrift store and saw a really cute lemonade stand in the back lot. It made me think of the kids with their stand & I was very tempted to buy it!! It had a colorful little pitched awning over the two side posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! So, how did you do on your yard sale? I'm curious. I just don't do them anymore, I donate all my stuff, but I LOVE to go to them!!! Love the little lemonade/iced tea stand!

    ReplyDelete