Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

In June Chloe and Elijah had their usual two weeks of swimming lessons... Chloe loved them and has completely taken to the water... We are expecting her to sprout gills here pretty soon! She has started doing the crawl and loves to go down to the bottom and get dive toys etc.. !  She thinks she's really good (and she is) so the other day I told her I was on a swim team when I was younger and the first thing she asked me was if I won any races... I don't think I ever did actually win, so I told her no, and she promptly offered to teach me how to go fast!! Hilarious the confidence of children!! Sometime I wish I had this absolute confidence that children have, that they are great at whatever they are doing!!!  Elijah on the other hand is a little more tentative in the water, but he did well.  He still doesn't like to get his face wet, so that hampers swimming quite a bit, but he loves to go in and paddle and kick around, so we're making progress!
Elijah getting ready to go in

Floating on his back (kinda)!

Batman arms

Practicing her big arms on the wall!

More practice


With the teacher!



3 comments:

  1. Bubble, arm, breathe! Brings back memories with the girls! Wish I could have been there to watch the swimming lessons & soccer games. How long does soccer last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, I remember these days & they were the best! I love Chloe's braid crown by the way:) It would be amazing to carry the confidence of our youth with us as we grow up... too bad fear seems to just take over. Something to be aware of tho, and work on tho right?:) (anna)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do remember those days of swimming lessons with the kids...Anna was so brave, but the boys were much more tentative, of course, it eventually comes with time. But its great to get the kids in lessons, especially when they're young, and especially when you have a pool. Looks like they're doing great.

    ReplyDelete