Thursday, January 07, 2010

My Oven Died the Week Before Christmas...

Great timing, huh!! Although I guess it did cut down on a lot of baking and candy making that I love to do during Christmas... So maybe I put off gaining a couple of pounds!! :)


I used a hot plate, electric skillet, and my rice cooker all that week!! Thank goodness for that! But one night for dinner I was planning on Raviolis, broccoli and French bread (forgetting that I need an oven for the French bread! My handy dandy little problem solver came home though and suggested we use his blow torch! Great idea! :)


"Cooking" the bread!

By the way, it tasted just fine!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe if I let Jim do this he might actually think cooking is fun?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blowtorch is awesome - if I show this to Corey we'll be eating garlic bread tomorrow night for sure. =)

    ReplyDelete