Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Making an Old Armoire New... and then Old Again!

Nicole moved into our guest room, which has a teeny tiny closet... about the size of a coat closet, and we all know how many clothes girls have, so we had a big problem!! Luckily Joe's parents had two, not one, but two of these armoires that we could have! We liked them but thought they could use some sprucing up!!


The inside


Some sanding was required!!


Two coats of paint later and a little more sanding!


A little embellishment on the corners


Yay! Room for more clothes!!


And yes... We did this twice!!

6 comments:

  1. um....excuse me but that's still not enough room! :) I always wanted to do that with an old desk. looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- that looks overwhelming to me=) but it turned out awesome! go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Nicole getting the other armoire to "house" all her other clothes? It's inspiring me to want to get on the stick and do something with my "dump/outdated" kitchen...now I'm ready and Rob's not!!! Too much $$$$, won't get it out, blah, blah, blah...but um...excuse me (Rachel, I like that) but the FIRST THING I LOOK AT IN A HOUSE, IS THE KITCHEN!!! GRRRRRRR.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHANNA~
    THAT TURNED OUT AWESOME! AND I NOTICED YOUR GARDEN IS DOING VERY WELL TOO! TAKE CARE..AMELIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see the finished project, Shana plus, all the other pictures, thanks for sharing all them and for taking "care" of the kids (Malia and Austin.... :-)
    Loved our time with you. love ya.

    ReplyDelete