Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Birthday Cake

For Elijah's 1st birthday we had a cowboy party! I was having a hard time finding a cake I wanted to make that went along with the theme... They have a horse cake pan, but I really wanted to make a cowboy hat! I thought they ("they" being Wilton's) would have some kind of cowboy hat cake pan, but no such luck. So I decided to look on the internet (what did people do before this most wonderful of inventions?) and see if there were instructions- lucky me there were some pretty detailed instructions, so I followed right along and was quite pleased with the end result!! I was a little worried about working with the fondant frosting, but it's actually pretty easy- it just takes a l-o-n-g time!! Everything was edible but the star!

The Cowboy hat


A side view



6 comments:

  1. I am VERY VERY impressed!!! I am not a very creative person so I always stand in awe when someone does what I seem to have no ability to do.

    Very Cool cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cake! But do you have more pics of the party??

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in good time my dear! I fell asleep last night doing it, so they didn't get posted until this morning! Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to celebrate Elijah's 1st birthday...I think it was a wonderful success. We won't comment on HOW LATE you stayed up the night b/4 to get everything perfect!!! Oh, rats...you all know Shana is a night/early, early a.m. owl. I think it was...3:30 a.m.??? Is that reminiscent of finding you reading with a flashlight under your covers as a kid...then I would wonder why you didn't want to get up for school...ho-hum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the cake and felt the cake and still could hardly believe it wasn't a hat. What an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks amazing Shana! You did such a good job...and little Eli is just adorable in his outfit!

    ReplyDelete