Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A New Baby in the Family!

We have been planning our trip to Bend for a while now, since Joe is going hunting with my Dad. It was the perfect time for a trip since it was before Special meeting and right about the time Kyra was supposed to have her baby!!! Lucky lady went and had her little boy early, so now I'm even more excited to go home than ever!!

On Monday afternoon Kyra had a little boy! He was 8lbs 3 oz and 19 inches tall. They named him Westley Steen and I think he will be the cutest, sweetest little "farm boy" ever!! I wish I had some pictures to put up here, but I don't know how to download them from my phone, and I don't really want to take the time to learn! So, when I get to Bend and see this sweet little boy I'll be sure and take some pictures!

Chloe is very excited about this trip too! She always likes going to Grandpa and Grammy's, but this time she seems to really "get it!" Her little sleeping bag has been packed and stuck in her backback for two days now, and every morning when she wakes up the first thing she says is, "I'm going to my Grammy's house!" Which then means I have to tell her that, "yes, you are, but not for "X" amount of days!!"

She's also super excited about her new cousin and will tell you that her new cousin's name is "Westley!"


3 comments:

  1. how exciting...I'm anxious to see pictures of that little Westley. Is the "Steen" after someone or the mountains where your dad and brother hunt??? Just curious! I love the little "picture" of Chloe so anxious to go to grammy and grandpas...with her sleeping bag in her bag...and asking "when"...I do remember those days...they're so much fun when they really start "getting" things and you really know they understand! Have a great time there and tell my sista "hi" for me. Is Nicole going with you or does she have to stay and go to school? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Nicole is stuck here working and going to school, but she's coming up next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is just too dang cute with chloe & her backpack all ready for grammy's! =) gosh, i hardly knew kyra was preggers & out came westley! can't wait to hear/see more details=)

    ReplyDelete