Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chico...

I can't believe that it's been almost a month since I last posted... A lot has happened in that time! I had been planning on going up to Chico to see Amy and her boys when we heard the news that Christina had passed away. I decided to wait and combine the trip to see Amy so that it would coincide with Christina's funeral. So while it was great to be back in Chico and see Amy and her boys, not to mention the many other people in town for the funeral, it was also very sobering.

The kids and I came up to Chico Friday night and stayed at Amy's parents house with her and her boys. We went to Hooker Oak park in the afternoon and the kids had a great time running around playing. After that we met up with the Tootlepops and my brother and Brynna at good ol' Burger Hut for dinner. We topped off the evening with a trip downtown to Jon and Bon's for some fozen yogurt. It almost felt like old times except that I was pushing a 60 pound stroller with two kids in it!!

Here are some pictures of the kids playing at the park!

Rory and Chloe


Rory and Jace


What a cutie!!!


Chloe thought Rory was the best following him everywhere and doing whatever he did!


Flying!!


Playing in the fountain at Burger Hut


Chloe thought they should wash their faces!!


Saturday morning...


Christina's funeral was so special, and I feel priviledged to have know such a beautiful example in our generation. Her life and death make me want to be sure my priorities are in order. I want to love my husband a little more and squeeze my kids a little tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment