Thursday, December 07, 2006

Walking with Nana!

Most mornings Chloe and I go for a walk. I would like to say every morning, but that just wouldn't be true!!! Anyway, the best part about going for our walks in the morning is that Nana usually comes over, and then we meet up with Auntie Alyssa!!! Lately it's been a little chilly in the morning so I've been putting a hat and mittens on Chloe and covering her up with her blanket... I'm afraid Chloe got my tendency to be cold all the time, so I tend to bundle her up! Good thing we don't live somewhere that actually gets cold!!! Today as we were walking along and gabbing away as usual, I looked down and saw that she didn't have her little mittens on. I looked all over in her stroller and couldn't find them anywhere! My little wiggle worm had managed to lose both her mittens without me noticing! When we finished our walk Nana said that on her way home she'd drive our loop and look for the mittens, and what do you know, she found both of them!!! Thanks Nana!!! Getting ready to go for our morning walk with Nana!!!

9 comments:

  1. This is precious! I love how she smiles ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. so nice to have family around and SO close in proximity! I think that is awesome you go on walks with Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the morning walks! I'm worried that when I can start up again I'm gonna be huffing and puffing and pulling up the rear. It is awfully cute how Chloe smiles all the time, I'm not sure if I've ever seen such a smiley baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Cari, I wouldn't worry about pulling up the rear... I would count on it!!! I remember walking to class when I was pregnant and talking to my mom on the phone and I would be huffing and puffing, and she's like, "what are you doing?" And I would tell her... "walking on perfectly flat ground!!!" Can't wait for you to join us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could walk in the morning...I leave to early for work and it's dark and cold when I get home. GRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN! Hi Eve. Sage looks like he wants to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My FAVORITE part of the day. I can't wait for Cari to be able to walk with us then I'll be walking with my most favorite "girls" in the world. And....don't forget Chloe's older brother "Sage" gets to walk also. I can't get enough of Chloe's smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty baby girl!!! She is the happiest, sweetest baby:):):) Wish I was there to walk with you guys. I walked with Della, Carolee, and Jim yesterday. Since he's retired, Della can sometimes drag him along...he just brings along his i-pod with 'books on tape' and tunes us out (and his i-pod in). We walked 6 miles on Tuesday and Jim said "No way", we can only walk 4 miles on Thursday, but we were able to coax him to do the whole thing. It helped that the 'hunny bucket' was at the end of the loop...we all 'had to go'...so, we had an incentive to get to the end. But, alas, the 'hunny bucket' was so disgusting with poop (REALLY, I kid you not!!!) all over the seat...so I couldn't make myself use it. I actually climbed the canyon wall and found a rock and bushes to go behind...think the Steens, Shana. I really have a hard time believing people are such jerks and nimrods. It really makes me lose faith in them...grrrrrr!!! So glad we made our goal of 10 miles for the week, plus some...but I'll have you know, I was wearing a hat and gloves because it was COLD, around 38 degrees with a stong wind out of the north. I'd probably be wearing shorts if I was walking with you guys... I mean whimps cuz we all actually started sweating on the way back!!! I guess you need to get those gloves that have the strings attached, Shana so poor little Chloe doesn't freeze her fingers to the bone...Anyway, sorry for the "Ode to the hunny bucket" and happy walking, you all. Luvgrammyzee:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great for all of you to walk...but how cool that Chloe is forming good habits before she even knows what or why!! ;)

    ReplyDelete