Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Baby is 1!!


I can hardly believe it's true: my baby is one!  It must be so though, because he is starting to walk more than crawl, and he is absolutely into everything!! He is still mostly sweet, but we have definitely seen a temper from this little guy!  He "talks" all the time although we don't really know what he is saying he definitely gets his point across and we figure he will start talking in complete sentences when he does! :) We love the added entertainment this little boy adds to our family and we can't wait to watch as he grows! Happy Birthday Sammy Boy!

The cake table and all the goodies!

These were popcorn cupcakes! So cute and really easy... Just cut marshmallows on top and then sprayed with yellow frosting spray!

Sammy's cake!

The Circus tent cake... It was actually a lot harder than I thought it was going to be... I tried to cover the whole thing in one piece the first time... That didn't work (the fondant ripped and made a mess) so I had to do it in two pieces... The top of the tent and the bottom of the tent as separate pieces! Not fun reeeeeaaaalllly early in the morning!! :) But it worked out in the end.  Not my favorite, but still cute!

Lots of Lollipops!

Cotton candy, clown noses, and Peter Spier's Circus! book (it's got great illustrations!)

Animal crackers, (of course) paper straws, and mustaches!

Bubbles, bubble gum, and Jelly Belly's!


Posing with kissy lips and handlebar mustache!

Everyone had fun in the "photo booth!!"

A couple of cuties anxious for the party to start!

I told Chloe she was going to hate this picture when she gets older and she asked me what hate means!! ;)

Nicole and Heather having fun!

Some of the kids!

Adults clownin' around!

Mika!

Andrew!

Mika again!

Me and the birthday boy!!

Elizabeth!


The props!



The games... I didn't formally organize the games (this crowd is pretty young so that seemed like a lot of work!!) but the games were there if they wanted to play them!




Kid table!

Sweet Juliet!

Playing around!

The bounce house is always fun with the 5 and under crowd!

Time for cake!

Sammy had NO problem digging in!!


This is good stuff!

Face first!!



Makin' a mess!


All done!!

Getting the glazed over look!

Too much Birthday!

Sooo tired!! But such a fun day!!


7 comments:

  1. I love love love this. so many fantastic ideas...i don't even know where to start! happy birthday cutie pie sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is MY kind of PARTY! I know all the work that goes into those little details, but it turned out amazing!! Nice job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "Circus Party!" LOTS of work, but LOTS of fun. Looks like the "Photo Booth" was a hit with EVERYONE...maybe the adults more than the kids!! After all, who doesn't like to clown around when it's a party?! I think a circus party would be great for any age. Great job, Shana! Wish I wouldn't have been bighorn sheep hunting!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shana what a great job you did on little Sammy's party! Wish we could have been there as well, thanks for sending us the cute photo though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such fantastic ideas, I think by the time the kids get older you will run out of such great ideas! ha ha :) It was great being with all of you and seeing the "remnants" of the birthday bash! You really did do a great job! You sure did put in LOTS of work, but I know its lots of fun too, for everyone! Your kids may not appreciate it now, but someday they will! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I can't believe Sammy is one already!!! What a party! What a cool Mommy you are:) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped by to see what you're all up to, and saw you had a carnival party too! (I swear I didn't copy!) You did such a fabulous job!!! I especially love the popcorn cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete