Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Getting Ready for Sammy's 1st Birthday Party!

I have been wanting to do a Circus/Carnival party for a long time now, and since the 1 year old doesn't have opinions about what kind of party he wants, I was excited to choose for him!! I love Costco's photo cards and decided to use those for the invitations, but first I had to get a picture of the birthday boy!

Trying to get a picture of Sammy with a clown nose... Not an easy task

And was one that I quickly gave up! This was as close as I got!

I thought maybe we could distract him with the huge lollipop long enough to get one of him with the wig on... Nope! He's quite talented in ripping things off his head or nose all while still sucking on a lollipop!

Sweet Elijah though has moved onto the stage of loving to have his picture taken and wanting to wear the funny stuff and then looking at his funny pictures!!

Once I put away all the props he did just fine!!

What a sweet little one year old!

I had planned on having him wear a little top hat, but it got lost in the mail and I was already getting the invitations out late enough as it was! No matter, he's still the cutest little guy around!

On to the cake baking... I had seen a bunch of cool rainbow/colorful cakes that everyone is making on the web and decided that would be fun for the party... I just used regular boxed cake mix and dyed equal portions of the mix

My colors were red, yellow, green, blue, pink, and purple...

Then I just added the mix in somewhat equal portions into the pans...

They looked pretty psychedelic baking in the oven!! 

And I do believe they made the prettiest dirty dishes I've seen!
The actual party will come soon!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well RATS!!! I was expecting to see the cake!!! Love the adorable pictures of Sammy boy! He make such a cute little "ringmaster!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was glad to see the cake in real-life and have you explain how you did it. You have a lot of patience to make that, as it would of taken a long time, but its so colorful and cute. Thanks for sharing all the neat pictures, and darling pictures of the kids...they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the Sammy photos!!! Those cakes are amazing!! I wish I had your patience:)

    ReplyDelete