Friday, June 10, 2011

Elijah Turns Three!!

I'm only a week late posting this one, so for me that's not too bad!! My sweet "Lijah" boy went from the wonderful two's to the terrible threes!! He was such a sweet little 2 year old, but man is he testing me now!! I think he must need to know that I mean what I say, because he is sure making sure I follow through these days!! And the other thing is that while he and Chloe still love to play together all the time, he has started liking the reaction he gets from his big sister when he hits, kicks, takes her toy, or any other number of things he can think of that he knows will annoy/cause distress... And the louder the scream-the better!
 The good side of three is that we have been potty trained for about a month or so now, and he was way easier than Chloe to train! His only problem is thinking that anyplace outside is his personal restroom, as noted earlier here!


When he's not being a terror, he really is still the sweet little "Lijah" we know and love!! He is very quick to say, "sorry, Mama" and he says the funniest stuff-none of which I can remember right now!! I thought he was going to be a little quieter than Chloe, but so far it doesn't look that way!  When he and Chloe are playing well together, it is so fun to hear him chime in with his own ideas now, since for so long he just went along with what she said! He loves to play outside and ride his bike and his tricycle.  He could play in the hose and dirt all day if I let him, and he loves his cars and trucks and recently has really liked playing with his little bulldozer, backhoe, and dump truck in that mud I was mentioning! He's so fun right now, (when I'm not pulling my hair out!) and I can hardly believe that he's three years old!! It seems like just yesterday he was Sammy's age! We love you little "Lijah" boy!!
Making faces!

Big Three Year Old!

I can't believe he's three!

What a big boy!!

We are combining His and Chloe's birthdays again this year... So the party will be later this month! 


3 comments:

  1. Shana, i love love love that you are writing more & sharing stories to go with the pics.. so much fun to read + get to know your sweet family a little better! Wishing you mostly peaceful days;) (anna)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the terrible threes!...... that's a new one :) good luck, but you're a good mom to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking that we got throught the terrible two's that weren't really so terrible, then the 'trying', 'tough', 'terrible' three's came along and reversed on us and let us know that they were still there!!!! Still glad to know he is still the sweet little 'lijah and love the cute pictures you're sharing! :) love, Pam

    ReplyDelete