Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Sprint Triathlon!

Last weekend Nicole, Amanda, and I participated in a super sprint triathlon! The name is a little ironic in my mind because for me, there is no sprinting going on!!! Apparently they think it's so short you should be able to sprint the whole thing! :) Anyway, it was really fun and a perfect distance! I will definitely do this one again!!!

Here we are getting all marked up... numbers everywhere (on our arms, legs, hands)


Numbing up! The water was 57 degrees!


Nicole's friend Heather was sweet enough to watch my adorable little boy! Joe was at home with Chloe!


Coming back out of the water for the start!


Notice ALL the wetsuits! We were the only three without them! Must be because we are all tough Oregon girls used to cold water! :)


The 200 meter swim


Nicole's out first!


Then me


And here comes Amanda


The transition area- Changing into our biking gear!


Nicole getting ready to leave on the 8 mile Mt. Biking portion of the race


Sweet boy waiting for Mama to finish!


Nicole's back again!


Nicole starting the 2 mile run


Amanda's back


Amanda starting the run


Back from the Mt. Bike


Starting the run


Amanda finishes first, but missed a turn somewhere... oops!


Nicole finishes next


Last, but not least!


Yay! We did it!!


Elijah was happy to see me!


Grubbing on some food!


Woo Hoo! Nicole finished 2nd in her age group!


She even got a little plaque!


So strong!

6 comments:

  1. That's impressive!! You're a fit mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome for you all!! That looks like just the perfect distance in each event...I wonder if there's something like that around here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures of you guys doing your super sprint triathlon!!! And I'll concur...you're looking good!!!

    Now what was that class you were taking...my "bingo wings" are starting to become pronounced and I'm not liking it ONE bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of All Congratulations...that is sooo much fun...lots of work, but not so overwhelming that it was impossible...you looked great out there...all of you....way to go!!!

    O.k., Martine, if you see this...what are "bingo wings"...never heard of that one yet???????

    Now's the time of year around here in Havasu for triathalons, half marathons and full marathons...all of them are too big for me! The small stuff is more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pammy, I thought it was pretty descriptive!!! That's what Joe calls all the old ladies playing bingo waving their flabby arms in the air calling out numbers...!!! Can't you just see it???!!!

    Anyway, I'd much rather do something fun like water ski or pack grand kids around then lift weights. It's so much more fun to be exercising but having fun doing it, eh??? But Frankly, my dear, something's gonna have to give because, "horror of all horrors", I'm starting to see those "bingo wings"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally impressed! And you thought this was a SHORT!! triathlon?!!

    ReplyDelete