Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Strangly Satisfying Sudoku

I had heard a little bit about Sudoku but had never done one of the puzzles myself until the other day. I happened to be browsing around Borders (as much a one can browse with a 6 month old in her car seat carrier) when I saw a book of sudoku for $3.99. I thought, what the heck, I might as well give it a try! Keep in mind that I'm not a "math person" and generally try to stay far away from anything having much to do with numbers! But the good news is- it's not a math thing at all and really doesn't have all that much to do with numbers, as long as you can count to 9 you're doing okay- and I can handle that!!! Well, much to my surprise I am strangely addicted to Sudoku! There is something about figuring out these puzzles that is very satisfying! So, if you've been wondering whether to give it a try, I'd say, go for it!

5 comments:

  1. Advice taken... I have always wanted to try it so I will!! Thanks for passing that along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome... Greg & I are Sudoku fans! We have been playing for a bit over a year. I know what you mean about math and numbers, I thought the same thing. I love it, Greg likes it but tries to over think it. That is what engineers do I think. Just don't put it in the bathroom, it makes you sit longer. Have fun. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about doing a post on Sudoku myself! My sister got me started. I just do the light and easy ones for now. Trying to exercise another part of the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Sudoku in our house. We've taken to printing off the same one twice and then we race each other... Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I love Sudoku too! But where do you find the time to do it anymore?? :-) I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete