Monday, May 25, 2009

Oops!

So I finally decided to paint the blank wall in my kitchen red! I LOVE it, but before the paint could dry this happened!! The neighbor girl was over and asked if I could play the piano, so I bring Eli over to the piano, sit down, and start to play. A few minutes later the little girl says, "what's all over Eli's face?" I shriek- scoop him up and run into the kitchen to see these smeared little handprints on the wall, plus a few red ones on the white, which I failed to take a picture of because I was in too much of a panic and started scrubbing everything in sight!!! Eli must have thought he had found a finger painting haven! Poor boy had red all over his face, and then since he is still crawling there were little handprints in the carpet too! Luckily everything came out, but it does remind me of that sweet little poem about handprints:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my handprint
On furniture and walls

But everyday I'm growing
(I'll be all grown someday)
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When they were very small

I didn't leave them on the wall- in case you were wondering... But they were there for a few days and were kind of sweet to see since everything cleaned up so nicely!



4 comments:

  1. Shana I LOVE that poem thanks for reminding me of it ;) Glad the paint episode wasn't any worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The close-up of Elijah is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW! Sweet poem, made me a little teary eyed thinking of how fast they are growing up. Thanks for the reminder that these crazy things happen and we just have to laugh about it. (after we clean up the mess) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Gina, Jean and Alyssa said. And not to be discouraging but this probably won't be the last time something like this happens...

    By the way, I love the red, what color is it?

    ReplyDelete