Friday, December 07, 2007

Mother knows best!

I was just thinking about how often I call my Mom throughout the week. I call her for little random things, usually questions about how she makes something or does something, but a lot of times it's just to chat and say hi. Well, it's been about three days since I've talked to her and I think that knowing I can't call her makes me want to call her more! My Mom, Dad, Nicole, and Brynna are all in South Africa visiting my Uncle Steve, and they will be there for a month! He has been living over there for close to a year (I think) and so they decided to go visit him! They never did this kind of thing when I was footloose and fancy free!!! But that's another story! Anyway, I talked my Mom into setting up a blog for while she was there, so I could at least see what they were all doing on this wonderful trip of theirs! So, if you want to check it out just go to Martine on Safari. In the meantime I just hope I don't have any cooking emergency while she's gone! :)

6 comments:

  1. I can cook too, and I'm your MOM-in-law. Ask away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and love all the help you can provide for me, I just don't want you to know just how inept I am at taking care of your lovely son and grand-daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well then, ask me! i'll never tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    First of all, I want to say congrats on your pregnancy! How are you feeling? Second of all, I bet you can cook better than me, I wonder if I really am related to the Bentz family because I can't cook that well! HA!
    third of all, I know what it is like not to be able to see or talk to your Mom much! Hang in there my dear cousin, you have many friends, and your loving Mom-in-law to help you...wish I could give you some pointers on the cooking! HAHA!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know how you feel! My parents were both gone for almost 2 weeks and knowing they aren't at "home" makes it feel they are even farther away! But, Shana, I will share my mom until your mom gets back! HA. I call her all the time and ask for advice at the grocery store or someone to talk to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your great news! We're so happy for you three. I hope your parents are having a great time on their trip. :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete