Saturday, June 02, 2007

"Before" and "After"

This is a picture I posted just a few short weeks ago of our "garden!" At the time it didn't really look like much, but I'm pleased to say that we've had the first fruits (or veggies) of our labour for dinner last night!

It hardly looks like anything in there

Don't be fooled! It's a couple of zucchini plants, which take up a lot of room! :) But they're oh so delicious!
This looks like I took a picture of dirt! But its a lovely row of corn! :) Can't wait for some of that this summer!
We have some peppers, tomatoes, and beans too!
I just love hydrangeas, so I had to put this picture up! It makes me happy every time I see it in our yard! It's a plant that Joe's grandma gave to us several years ago!






7 comments:

  1. i'm SO jealous of your veggies!! you'd know how hard it is to grow stuff in bend.... in england a 'yard' is called a garden. much better. (a yard is a utility area or parking lot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is looking great. I don't have a green thumb at all...

    Chloe is sure growing up quick. She looks so cute in her little dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... looks delicious! It is amazing how fast things grow with a little CA sunshine. No garden for us this year but we hope to get one in by next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive!! I have a hydrangrea in a pot I want to transplant- any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, it's really all luck! I did nothing special! Dug a hole stuck it in and watered it, although as I'm sure you have already found out they like the North side of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You want to trade?? I need to put some updated pictures of our garden too! We have lots of strawberries and tomatoes to trade for some zuccini :) It looks FABULOUS Shana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to, Maria! People will think I'm ripping you off though! Strawberries for zucchini! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete