Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chloe's 2nd Birthday

Well another year has gone by and my sweet energetic little girl is 2! She is a constantly moving bundle of energy that keeps me on my toes. She is such a fun little girl and her joy for life is so real and must be what it is about little kids that older people love about kids. A child's interest in everything around them because everything is new and exciting is a great trait to have! I love to watch Chloe try to figure out how something works or how to put something together- (or take it apart!) she gets such a look of concentration on her face and nothing distracts her. I love to watch her and Joe play around together. She has so much fun and her laugh is completely contagious! I also love our quiet moments reading stories together before naptime or bedtime when she is snuggled up next to me with her blankie and binky and how she keeps trying to get closer even though she can't! I love her sweet little voice- especially the "wuv you" that she so sparingly says. It is so fun (and sometimes frightening) to see her little personality emerging. It has only been two years, but the growth is truly amazing! I feel so lucky and privileged to be a part of that growth and look forward to what this next year will bring!

We had Chloe's 2nd birthday party on Saturday. It was mostly a family affair except for her little neighbor friend Andrew and his mom Claire. We did a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party since Chloe is very into her... Mostly due to my prompting! I think Strawberry Shortcake is so cute and I had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday when I was little too! I decided to try my hand at cake decorating... I had a lot of fun, but should have allowed for much more time! I had to rush it towards the end, but all in all it turned out pretty cute... If I do say so myself! :)





Strawberry Shortcake!

Mom and Juan


Linda, Nana and Eli


Chloe's new pool from Nana and Grandpa


Chloe and Scarlett in the ball pit!


Chloe, Andrew and Scarlett


Andrew having fun!


Happy Birthday time!


Blowing out the candles!


My cheesey girl! :)


Look at all that loot! What a lucky girl!


In her Fancy Nancy stuff playing with Tinker Toys!


Her new bike!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Shana, you're a professional cake decorator! Not bad for "rushing it". I'd hire you.

    Congrats on making it to the terrific 2s! I know you're such a good mommy.

    Thanks for sharing all your pictures, fun to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shana,
    We were out of town this past weekend--I'm so sorry that we missed Chloe's party.
    The cake looked so cute--great job. I can't believe Chloe is two! She is just beautiful. Please wish her a happy belated birthday from Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks awesome! And your kids look cute, as always.

    ReplyDelete